- A scheme for the over 60s which has been designed to help you keep driving safely for longer
- Have a driving assessment with one of our advanced trainers
- Come along to a free workshop to discuss driving on today's roads
While we are all staying home more due to Covid-19, we're going to be running some online workshops for anyone who wishes to join us. If you have a device with a camera facility, and would be interested in attending one of the online workshops please contact us using one of the buttons below, and we will let you know what we have available. These will be small groups of 2-6, all from the comfort of your own home.
If you'd like to book a workshop for you and a couple of friends, or for a group that you attend, we can arrange this too.
We have now been able to re-start doing driving assessments for anyone over the age of 60, and living in Suffolk. There will be a few extra precautions in place to keep the client and the trainer safe. Please contact us for more information and details of how to book.
If you'd like to find out more, or to book a place, please contact us using the buttons below.
They are held at various locations across Suffolk. We always make sure there is plenty of free parking at all our venues.
The workshops last 2.5 hours, and include a break for refreshments.
This is an opportunity to update and refresh knowledge and discuss any areas of driving you have concerns about.
- We can help you feel more confident with roundabouts, driving on dual carriageways, driving in bad weather, keeping a safe space around your car, and lots more!
- We will also have on display a selection of simple adaptations you can make to your car to make driving more comfortable for you.
- There will be a fun quiz for you to take part in, and opportunities to discuss updates to the Highway Code.
- We make the workshops informal as possible and there will be plenty of refreshments
If you’d like to attend a workshop but there isn’t one planned in your area, please contact us. We often keep a waiting list and can plan extra dates if required.
If you’re a member of a group and would like us to come and run a workshop for you, please get in touch.
The assessment usually lasts for around an hour.
Before the day we will check your driving licence. All you need to do is ensure your car is ready to use, with enough fuel for the assessment, and make sure you have your documents to hand.
You’ll need your driving licence, your car insurance documents, and proof of your cars MOT, if applicable.
Your trainer will focus on safe driving and coping strategies. You will be asked about the types of journey you make and offered guidance on any specific driving-related queries you may have. The trainer is there to support and guide you, so you can continue to drive safely. At the end you will receive a written report detailing all the things discussed on the session.
If you wish you can complete a questionnaire, which has been specially written by Cranfield University to give an insight into attitudes to driving and self-regulatory behaviour. We would recommend that you complete this survey prior to taking a driving assessment. A free consultation could then be arranged to specifically target some areas of difficulty highlighted by the questionnaire. To take part in the Older Driver Risk Index please contact: email@example.com